For Immediate Release:
BRAILLE BATTERY TO DEBUTE “HOT ROD HYBRID” RACE CAR IN NISSAN NORTH AMERICA SEMA BOOTH # 36215
Sarasota, FL. – Sept 15 – Braille Battery announced today a project that is in collaboration with Nissan North America to create a “Hot Rod Hybrid” that will utilize the Nissan Altima Hybrid. Using the Nissan Altima Hybrid platform, the engineers at Braille Battery have combined their racing knowledge with their electrical expertise to produce a production based Hybrid race car for use in the newly formed Hybrid/electric class in the Redline Time Attack Series. The car will also compete in the Cannonball Run/One Lap of America race in April 2009. Braille has partnered with industry leaders to produce a “green” race car:
APR Performance: Carbon Composite door paneling and aerodynamic accessories. To decrease weight and increase control of air flow.
BC Racing Suspension: Designed for the new body style Altima for Time Attack and to raise cornering speeds and maintain momentum.
Braille Batteries: 6 pound Carbon Fiber Battery. Made using recycled materials to replace the standard 12 volt battery and to produce a high capacity racing hybrid battery pack.
Stillen: Altima Body Kit. Lowers the drag on the vehicle and reduces lift for better handling. Produced from eco conscious materials. Also supplied a rear sway bar for balanced vehicle dynamics.
Sparco Seats: Special Model Pro 2000 seats that employ waste production material to produce a partially recycled set.
Yokohama Tires: Low Rolling Resistance Tires. The new Neova high performance summer tires have the lowest rolling resistance of any high performance summer tire.
VIS Racing: Lightweight Carbon Fiber Hood.
Vortech Superchargers: Electric Supercharger. A prototype electric supercharger to work with the 240 volt hybrid battery pack. Functions on demand and increases efficiency.
Wilwood Brakes: Lightweight Brakes. Specially designed lightweight braking system for hybrid regeneration to decrease unsprung weight and rotational mass.
“We were very honored that Nissan North America chose to select our battery company to build and power this forward thinking race car”, said Brand Manager Ray Ferriera for Braille Battery. “Braille has established a history of providing batteries to start race cars. This project will start a new category of race car that has so many exciting possibilities. The Braille Battery Nissan Altima Hot Rod Hybrid embodies all the concepts that are built into every one of our batteries from lightweight reliable engineering to conserving and recycling materials. We are partnering with many aftermarket manufacturers to inspire them to think about the future of racing and our impact on the environment. Braille is very aware that to have a future in racing you must first have a future.”
Braille’s past racing projects have lead to the development of their lightweight carbon fiber racing batteries for competition and consumer sales. Braille supplies batteries for teams in NASCAR, American Le Mans, Formula Drift, Open Wheel, Drag Racing, and many others. Braille’s patented carbon fiber batteries are becoming the new trend for original equipment usage in performance production vehicles. Blake Fuller, the driver of the Hot Rod Hybrid and owner of Braille Battery continues this thought, “Throughout history, racing has resulted in the development of new technology of future passenger cars. The success of this collaborative project will help to launch a revolution in Hybrid technology and the way Hybrids are perceived by consumers and aftermarket parts manufacturers. We hope to provide the best solution not just in starting batteries, but also in the Hybrid and Electric Vehicle industries.”
BRAILLE BATTERY FAST FACTS:
1. The manufacturing process is the highest of any automotive battery. Braille Batteries use recycled lead, plastic, stainless steal and even reclaims the acid in the recycling process. Some of the “waste” material from recycling is even used as fertilizer.
2. Braille Batteries that do not meet the quality performance standards are recycled immediately to control waste output. This process ensures the highest quality longest lasting product for the customer.
3. Braille designs their racing battery posts, mounts and chargers to be lifetime products. Braille’s new Carbon Fiber battery line lasts up to 3500 cycles (with alternator), which is 2-3x longer than normal automotive batteries. Customers can opt to simply replace the battery and not all the accessories at the end of the product lifecycle.
4. Braille handles all warranties directly with customers. This ensures that all defective products can be recycled.
5. Braille Batteries have the equivalent power of a much larger battery. This equals greater efficiency for the vehicle and less fuel consumption and load on all components. The patented “Power Path Grids” result in higher efficiency than other AGM batteries and uses less lead to achieve equal or greater power. More power also results in less material used to achieve the required power levels.
6. Braille Batteries are charged on site using in house efficient chargers. Braille Batteries hold their factory charge for up to 6 months, which lessens the need to waste energy recharging before use.
7. Highest “Pulse Cranking Amps” to the pound which shortens vehicle start time. This reduces wasted fuel and high emissions during the initial starting procedure.
8. Overall Braille Battery produces the most powerful, cleanest AGM battery in the automotive marketplace.
Braille Racing is a division of Braille, LLC, which owns and operates the lightweight product manufacturing companies of Braille Battery, and the Braille Auto development product line. Braille, LLC distributes and sells the world’s first and only carbon fiber batteries. Blake Fuller, founder of the company, has a history as a road racer. Fuller’s racing career began at Pikes Peak, where he was Rookie of the Year in 1999. He went on to capture First Place at Pikes Peak in 2002. While developing his winning car, Fuller sought ways to reduce weight and was struck by the excessive weight of the battery. He then began to develop lightweight solutions for his race car, and Braille Battery was conceived. The company name, Braille, reflects the concept that advantages of weight reduction in racing are sometimes only felt, not seen. This is also true of the lightweight carbon fiber battery developed by Braille. The internal construction is of a mesh or web design instead of the traditional solid plate design. This construction reduces weight while creating a more efficient, higher capacity battery. Braille is currently researching battery technology related to aftermarket replacement options for Hybrid automobiles.
Braille, LLC has grown from a small shop to a new corporate office in Sarasota, FL and a warehouse in Pennsylvania. Braille is also a supplier of original equipment batteries for the Pratt & Miller C6RS Corvette, Lotus Sport Exige Cup Car, Mosler MT900S, and most recently, the Katech Club Sport Lightweight Z06 Corvette. Braille Battery is also a supplier to top teams in NASCAR, American Le Mans, Drifting, Open Wheel Racing and all levels of competition on both four and two wheels. Braille also manufactures seats, titanium components, and provides peace of mind for consumers with the Braille Power Protector battery saving device. Additional information can be found at www.brailleauto.com.